Free legal helpline for NALS agents
NALS teams up with legal firm Moore Blatch to support letting agents
The National Approved Letting Scheme’s (NALS) agents has partnered with legal firm Moore Blatch, to offer NALS agents access to a free legal helpline and support.
Letting agents and landlords now need to abide by over 145 Acts of Parliament, Health and Safety requirements, and hundreds of different regulations, making the job complex and at times difficult. Given the many pressures on letting agents and the complex and ever changing law, NALS saw a need to support its agents.
The free legal helpline is available to all NALS agents, via both the phone and email. Queries to the helpline are dealt with by Moore Blatch’s team of specialist landlord and tenant lawyers, who provide advice and support in plain English to help agents understand and apply the law appropriately to their cases.
NALS firms are also able to access:
- A fixed fee licence from Moore Blatch to use a full range of standard documents. These documents are up to date and drafted by expert solicitors in accordance with current best practice.
- A tailor made online service which automates the whole process of producing s.8 and s.21 notices, issuing proceedings for possession, eviction and debt recovery.
- A simple online system to produce legally enforceable notices, letters and court documents on solicitors headed paper.
- The ability to issue a free letter before claim for rent arrears.
The free helpline is available between 10:00 -17:00, Monday – Friday by telephone or by email.
- If an issue is particularly complex or requires further investigation agents will be advised if there will be a cost. They may offer a suitable service or product to resolve the issue. No fee will be charged unless a fee estimate has been provided and agreed upfront.
Telephone: 0808 168 4210
Isobel Thomson, Chief Executive of NALS, said:
“There’s no doubt it’s a challenging time for agents, and we want to be able to support our firms in every way possible. The legal landscape is constantly changing and at times confusing. The free helpline and additional fixed price services from Moore Blatch offer agents the best legal advice and support, in a simple, cost effective way.”
Mark Osgood, Partner at Moore Blatch, said:
“We are delighted to be able to help NALS firms in this complex and ever changing area, so we can all ensure a quicker and cost effective outcome for landlords and their letting agents.”